- A look at why Iran is bolstering Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s embattled government.
- VOA asks Marius Deeb, a professor with the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, if Iran’s reaffirmation of support widens the Syrian conflict.
- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says it is “urgent” to plan for what happens once the regime of Bashar al-Assad falls.
- Ambassador David Mack, former U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Near East Affairs, outlines the implications of the Israeli-Egyptian border flare-up.
- Banking analyst Bert Ely explains the result of allegations against the British bank Standard Chartered that it illegally laundered $250 billion in transactions with Iran during the past decade.
Middle East Voices is a unique social journalism project powered by Voice of America. The site, as a supplement to VOANews.com, is designed to present news, views and conversation to stimulate dialogue and understanding within, without and across man-made borders. On our platform, among other content, you will finds expert insights and community-submitted viewpoints on pressing political, economic, social and religious issues reshaping the Middle East and our world.