- Expectations are low for a U.N. Security Council meeting on the humanitarian situation in Syria. We explain why.
- Political observers in Turkey say Egypt’s new administration is well placed to have a regional impact on Syria’s conflict.
- The U.S. Republican presidential candidate says it’s time to arm Syria’s rebels. We talk with Mitt Romney’s senior foreign policy adviser.
- Iran’s Supreme Leader says his country will “not give up its national right to peaceful nuclear energy.”
- Foreign reporters are exploring the U.S. political system at the Republican National Convention in Florida. An Egyptian journalist shares what interests his audience.
Susan Yackee is anchor of VOA's International Edition radio show. She has been a reporter in the Washington area for more than 35 years and regularly interviews newsmakers and analysts in DC and around the world. Susan works in television, radio and social media.