- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says the Egyptian people and the international community are looking to Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi to appoint an inclusive government with women and Christians.
- The United Nations estimates 200,000 civilians have fled Syria’s Aleppo and surrounding areas in recent days.
- Turkish officials warn they might intervene in Syria, saying they will not allow Kurdish rebels to use Syrian territory as a base.
- We ask Meir Javedanfar, an Iranian-Israeli Middle East analyst and politics lecturer at the Interdisciplinary Center in Herzliya, Israel, how effective sanctions are in deterring Iran’s nuclear program.
- Since the end of Libya’s revolution in October, the country’s media industry has exploded, but there are concerns about the quality of the coverage.
Middle East Voices is a unique social journalism project powered by Voice of America. The site, as a supplement to VOANews.com, is designed to present news, views and conversation to stimulate dialogue and understanding within, without and across man-made borders. On our platform, among other content, you will finds expert insights and community-submitted viewpoints on pressing political, economic, social and religious issues reshaping the Middle East and our world.