- US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says continuing Russian support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is blocking United Nations action to end 15 months of violence and could help lead to civil war.
- A Friends of Europe meeting focuses on ways for Europe to support countries in the wake of the Arab Spring.
- A witness to last Friday’s massacre in Houla calls Kofi Annan’s Syria peace treaty a failure, while Eli McCarthy, Professor of Justice and Peace studies at Georgetown University, says it is not.
- For Egypt’s Coptic Christians, there is no easy choice in the Presidential election.
- Iranian homosexuals are starting to speak out about what it means to be gay and about the lengths to which they have gone to escape persecution.
- Computer security analysts get a shock when they discover “The Flame”.
Susan Yackee is anchor and producer of VOA's audio podcast, Middle East Monitor. She has been a reporter in the Washington area for more than 35 years and regularly interviews newsmakers and analysts in DC and around the world. Susan works in television, radio and social media.